Food for All Ghana School Feeding Program rebranded as the “LunchBox School Feeding Initiative” empowers vulnerable and food-insecure children build a life free of poverty by providing access to education and nutritious meals.
The immense efforts required to provide school meals brings together public and private sectors, and is the basis for its financing module, where companies, supermarkets and private individuals can donate cash or food items to support the programme. Speaking at the Launch, The District Chief Executive Officer, Hon. Seth Yormevu expressed his appreciation to Food for All Africa for choosing two deprived schools within his district to benefit from the program and encouraged NGOs to support government efforts towards accelerating development.
With over 6,400 school children currently benefiting from the initiative, Lunch Box School Feeding Initiatives aims to:
- Set up daily supply of one hot meal to children in deprived schools that are currently not covered by the government’s school feeding programme.
- Support deprived schools to set up and operate their own school feeding initiative managed by School Authorities.
- Establish kitchens for schools in Ghana to have safe spaces and hygienic conditions under which school meals are prepared and served.
- Provide support for unemployed mothers to have a means of livelihood by working as trained caterers in their children’s schools.
- Mobilize private sector support toward improving school meals across Ghana.
Read the full story in Modern Ghana here: 2021 Lunch Box School Feeding Initiative launched