The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has put together a helpful list of FAQs and responses on COVID-19. Questions include:
- Will COVID-19 have negative impacts on global food security?
- Whose food security and livelihoods are most at risk due to the pandemic?
- What are the implications of the COVID-19 situation – now and in the future – for food production, agricultural and fishery/aquaculture supply chains and markets?
- How will the pandemic affect food demand?
- How is the pandemic affecting or will affect food prices?
- What is the pandemic’s impact on the global economy?
- What are FAO’s recommendations to mitigate the risks of the pandemic on food security and nutrition?
- How has FAO responded to the COVID-19 outbreak?
- What steps is FAO taking to protect its staff and to ensure that it will be able to continue to deliver on its mandate of fighting hunger?