Comment piece by Lawrence Haddad looking at incentives for business to address the global nutrition challenge. This refreshing article shows the role that governments have in making it easier for businesses to do the right thing by nutrition. He discusses five things that could make a huge difference in stopping business as usual. The idea that governments could be ranked according to how easy they make it for companies to produce available, affordable, and desirable nutritious food is a takeaway point.
Five steps to better food:
- Support businesses that work with nutritious foods.
- Create demand for healthy foods.
- Create models to emulate.
- Name and fame (or shame).
- Foster public private engagement.